Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Best Gift Ever


It’s that time of the year when the Grinch in me thinks about having to spend money I don’t have on people I don’t like for crappy gifts they don’t want. Then there’s the “mandatory fun”; office holiday parties, those dried out things called cookies and heaven help us, fruitcake. But it’s not ALL bad, right? I’m sure some of us have a few people we can stand and want to give gifts to, right? I mean, it is better to give than receive after all.  This year, you can both get and give. If you buy 3, 1 hour massages, you get 1 free ½ hour for yourself (I’ve been asked, and yes it’s okay to keep the 3 for you and give away the ½), or buy 5 and get a whole hour just for you. Why massage?
Here’s why, massage therapy will:

·         Alleviate pain
·         Make pregnancy and labor more comfortable
·         Enhance immunity by stimulating lymphatic flow
·         Reduce edema (Swelling)
·         Relieve muscle tension
·         Improve performance
·         Fight depression and anxiety
·         Reduce scar tissue
·         Hasten recovery from surgery
·         Fight migraines
·         Promote healing
·         End stress

And above all else, make you the best gift giver of all time!

I’ve just been told by the editorial review board (wife) that I have to say a few nice things about the holidays too. It doesn’t really matter which holiday you celebrate or if none or even all, it’s a wonderful opportunity to spend time with the ones you love, eat too much, play too much and laugh too much. It’s also a great time to serve and help others; make your, (our) community a better place to be.  As been sung-‘peace on Earth, good will towards men.’

(I wish I could take credit for the following, but one quote is from the Pope, the other Wyld Stallyns.  I forget which is which though): However, no peace will have solid foundations unless hearts nourish the sentiment of brotherhood which ought to exist among all who have common origin and destiny.  So be excellent to each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment